Tuesday, May 6, 2008

i've been tagged...AGAIN!

For the second time in 2 days, I've been tagged! You're going to learn wwwwaaaayyyy more about me than you ever thought you could!

Another blogging friend, who I hope to meet IRL and probably will at the next local GF concert, Sarah, tagged me. I told her I was up for the challenge, so here goes...again:

I am….....a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt to 6 beautiful nieces and nephews (and 2 more on the way!) and a friend to many, many wonderful people

I want..... warm weather, a vacation, a tan, and a big plate of chocolate chip cookies (this was Sarah's answer, but I'm not changing it!).

I wish..... my hair would stop falling out already! (you know, just one of those postpartum symptoms!)

I hate......the army of ants that are currently infesting our upstairs bathroom. I sprayed them with bleach, but that didn't seem to do the trick!

I miss.....going on spontaneous dates with my husband.

I fear......leaving my children and husband without a mom or a wife.

I feel........ exhausted and sick of being sick. I've keep catching cold after cold after cold...

I hear......... Ella singing to herself and Chloe crying in her crib. Bummer! She's up from her nap and now I have to put my computer aways! :)

I smell....... the vanilla candle that's burning in my kitchen.

I crave........ chocolate, specifically chocolate chip cookies. I also crave marshmallows and ice cream. Why can't I crave something healthy?!?

I search......the internet for any random question on my mind.

I wonder..... why Chloe won't nap for longer than 45 minutes at a time.

I regret.......never caring about school or my grades and only wanting to socialize.

I love...........God, my family, our yard, to exercise, good food, coffee, sleep, small town living (funny how I live in the city), to meet new people and experiencing life to its fullest.

I ache......... in my head. I've had a throbbing sinus infection (at least, I think it's a sinus infection) for days. I really should see a doctor, but who has time for a doctor?

I care........ about people in need. I wish I could help everyone that needs help, but I know that's impossible.

I always...... swear to myself that I won't let my laundry get out of control, but it always does. Always.

I am not…..a packrat. I never hang onto things if I don't need them. I hate clutter. I always throw things away, probably before I should. There's been many occasions where my husband has had to "dumpster dive" for stuff that had accidentally been thrown away.

I believe......... that there will be a day when everyone is forced to take responsibility for their actions. I look forward to that day.

I dance......... on rare occasion. I was not blessed with good dancing moves. :(

I sing............ around the house, in the shower, with my girls, but that's about it. Again, not blessed with a great singing voice. :(

I cry........... on rare occasion, but when I do, I'm a flubbering mess. It seems to happen at the worst moments, usually in front of a group of people. The topic of discussion usually involves children. I easily cry when talking about my children.

I don’t always........brush my teeth.

I fight........when I'm put on the defensive. I don't like feeling defensive, and when I do, I fight back. This is something I wish I could change about myself. I'm sure it'll always be a work in progress, like a lot of other things.

I write.......notes to myself all over everything. I can't seem to keep my "to-do" list on one sheet of paper.

I never.......let my kids eat McDonalds. (JUST KIDDING!!!!!) I wish I didn't, but I do...sometimes.

I listen.........to Christmas music while working out. Not all the time, but a lot of the time!

I need.......... sunshine, lots of love, affirmation, sugar, a good workout, and a Caribou* to get me through the day (again, this was Sarah's answer with one little tweak - *Starbucks to Caribou. I guess we have a lot in common, Sarah!).

I am happy...... knowing that my WHOLE family is safe, healthy and loved.

Now I tag Beth & Brianna! You go girls!

5 comments:

Staci said...

Hi Amanda, You don't know me but I have seen your blog on Kristi's and Sarah's blogs. I went to Northwestern College with them and your husband Andy. What a small world. It was awesome to read your answers to your tags. It is great to see you are starting up a MOPS group in your church. I take it you are branching off of another one. That is awesome. I am on the steering committee for our mops group as well and I really like it. Your girls are adorable and you sound like such a great mom. Blessings to you.

brianna gray said...

Fun!! I just did it!

Kristi said...

Again...loved reading more about you!!! :-)

sarah said...

i hope it was as fun for you to do as it was to read :)

i TOTALLY hear you on the hair falling out. i think mine has FINALLY stopped. and i'm with you on the hating clutter/throwing things away thing. poor stacey. when he loses something i'm the first person he blames :) HA HA :) i always just hope that it wasn't really me ... and that he finds it somewhere other than the trash :) HA HA!

have a good wednesday!!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My daughters have different allergy stories so I will try and keep it as short as I can. My oldest was in daycare at 11 months old and another little girl ate a peanut butter sandwich and before washing her hands patted Autumn on her head. Autumn was very bald and moments later 4 fingerprints of hives broke out on her skin. She also had breathing difficulty a month before at a different daycare-I went through 4 providers in 11 months. We ended up in the ER with that one and she was given adrenaline and benadryl. They thought she ingested something she was allergic to but unsure what it was since there were older kids that could have given her something. So, after the hand print of hives I took her into an allergist. She had both skin testing and blood work drawn. She quite allergic to the peanut that they had to give her an antihistamine in the MD office. She has since had a reaction to walnuts also. My mom made cinnamon rolls with walnuts and she broke out into hives with that one. Tested and her walnut allergy is worse than the peanut. We avoid all nuts with her.
With my second daughter we avoided peanuts until after 2 years old-at the time that was the recommendation. It's now 3 yrs old if a family history of allergies. At 2 1/2 I gave her peanut butter on toast. She was fine. I thought how great! Second exposure not so great. Peanut butter again and she instantly broke out into hives, started throwing up and started wheezing. So, had her allergy tested and sure enough, she was allergic. Her's was actually worse than my oldest. So, didn't even test her for other nuts. We just say she is allergic to all nuts to be safe. She also has eczema and asthma so it's a little scarier with her. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Testing is easy and only takes a few minutes. It's definately worth it because a bad reaction can sometimes result in death. You don't want to chance it. Trust me it's scary. Good luck!
On another note, did I find out about the mango cutter from you? If so, thanks, I bought one this week and love it!