Monday, May 19, 2008

dare devil diva

See my little diva sitting ever so gracefully in our big maple tree?

Our little diva is really more of a dare devil, and as I've mentioned many times over, she's happiest when her adrenaline is pumping the hardest. I assure you, this is not a quality she inherited from her mother. I am not a risk taker and prefer my adrenaline to course through my veins at its normal, very slow pace. I was the child that always ended up screaming so hard on fair rides, the ride conductor was forced to stop the ride in fear I'd have a heart attack at the mere age of 5. Britten, by all means, takes after me when it come to rides. She does NOT like having her "belly tickle" or "feeling dizzy," as she refers to it. She much prefers riding like this:

Ella, on the other hand, has been nicknamed "Daddy's clone" for many reasons, not only because she looks like him, but because she has his creative passion and love for all things fast. I've learned, as her mother, to bite my lip and close my eyes, because like or not, she's doing what she does best. Taking risks and loving every minute of it:




As the sequence of the pictures show, Ella's smile gets bigger and bigger the further she drops. Wouldn't I be a bad mother if I attempted to prevent such bliss in my daughter's life?

As for me, I'll stay out of all things high (my husband, on the other hand, crawled way up in the maple tree, hence the birds eye view photo), safe and sound on the ground with my baby.

Here's to wondering what she'll end up like...
One thing's for sure...She LOVES the little belly rush she gets from swinging in her swing! She could swing all day long if I let her! I think I may have another little dare devil on my hands. YIKES!! Please pray for me (and my kids)!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow, Ella IS brave! You are a brave mom too to let her explore her limits :) Good for you! I think more moms need to be brave in that area...yes, keep their child safe...but then let them explore!
But, no matter how risky Ella gets, she'll jump safely into her daddy's arms!
Great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is impressive!!! I doubt either of my bigger kids would ever jump out of a tree like that. Wow.

And Chloe swinging is just TOO cute! Sad...Maisie hasn't been in one yet. Soon enough, though, I bet.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of Chloe. I love the expression on her face. I think that Micah might be a daredevil too. He loves being thrown, or when we pretend we are going to drop him, or when we actually drop him (on the bed, of course).

Anonymous said...

I must say that I love reading your blog and I especially love the pictures of your children, you and Andy have such beautiful girls. I cannot believe how big each one of them are getting, and I think the same thing with my two kids...what are they going to be like when they get bigger. I think that Aspen will definitely be the dare devil, while Titus right now is more of timid one.

nealy said...

So cute...you guys have a such a great family!

Kristi said...

Great pics of that moment of her Ella's trusting jump into Daddy's arms!!!

Yes, she is a little dare devil (loved the title, btw!)! My Kylie is one as well! She loves climbing and is definitely more of a risk-taker (something that she doesn't get from ME either!).

Oh...and such cute pics of Chloe swinging! She is just looking so grown-up!!