Tuesday, June 10, 2008

marathon mommies: weekly log

I know I'm a day late with posting my weekly accountability post. I was out of town for a few days with the girls, visiting my parents, while my husband was home, working hard on projects around the house. For those of you with children, you can relate with how impossible it is to get tasks done when you have the little ones at your heels. We have several big summer projects we need to finish in the upcoming weeks, and for as much I'd love to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty, my husband is much more capable and efficient with these sort of things, so I'm left with the responsibility of keeping the kids out of his hair (or lack thereof). So off to Grandma's and Grandpa's we went for a 2 1/2 day adventure!

Overall, I had a great first week of training. I ran every scheduled run, with the exception of today, and pushed myself a little harder than my "calendar" recommended, knowing I have to be ready for a 10k in a couple of weeks.

Today was supposed to be a 4 mile run, and like I said, I didn't do it. I was out of town until this afternoon, and after one of the longest trips of my life with the girls, I couldn't muster up the energy to do it. I do, however, plan to "make-up" the run sometime this week, so I'll keep you posted on my next weekly log.

I wish I had the energy to write a little more, but I don't, and my brain is shut...t...i...n...g d...o...w...n.

Yawn. I'm going to go eat some ice cream and go to bed. I deserve a reward after all my running, wouldn't you agree?

How about you...How was YOUR week?

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Thanks again for the schedule and accountability. Congrats on keeping up with it the last week.

Like I've written before, I'm not aiming for a half marathon or running in any races this year, but I am trying to get in shape well enough to run several miles. I've managed to run as scheduled except for on Saturday. I'm going to move the Saturday run to a Friday run to fit in my schedule more easily. I have not been running as far as scheduled, but I'm happy to be getting out. Also, today my family and I went for a bike ride, so I didn't exactly run, but my thighs got a good workout. :)

sarah said...

this makes me think of a shirt i saw that i want.

eat. run. repeat.

isn't that so true?!

you eat to run and run to eat :) te he he :)

Kristi said...

So far, so good! Having a "schedule" to go off of and be accountable to has been very helpful in my motivation and follow-through in my runs! There were a couple of days that I know I would NOT have run had I not had a "goal" in mind and some accountability!! :-)

With some knee-swelling that I have had, I am going to have to be a bit more flexible in my running plans...but, so far it has been OK and I have been able to stay on the running plan that I made up!!!

I definitely have noticed though just how much good SLEEP can affect the energy and endurance that I have in my runs. My Caleb has been struggling with some bad dreams/being scared at night, being up for HOURS at a time. I have noticed that after nights that I have not had good sleep, my endurance just isn't what is normally is! So many factors just in the training!! Plus, I am fighting a cold as well...

But, I am persevering through!! :-)

Hope that Andy was able to get some good "projecting" done around the house while you were gone and that even though the travel was LONG, you had some good time with your parents while you were away!! :-)