Monday, June 16, 2008

and we're off!

We officially began our vacation last night by dropping the older girls off with Grandma Patty and Grandpa Dave. We met halfway to avoid either us of us having to make the entire 5 hour trek, and fortunately for us, we were able to stretch our legs and fill our tummies at the Golden Arches.

By the look on my face, it's pretty obvious I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of scarfing down a greasy cheeseburger, but the girls certainly didn't mind the food and of course, LOVED the Playland.
Grandma & Grandpa got the girls home by 11:30pm, and after talking with them first thing this morning, we learned they crashed and went right to sleep after the long drive. Even so, they woke up bright and early, rearing to go, at 7:30am. As always, Grandma Patty was prepared with an itinerary of a fun-filled day.
First things first. Clean off the playhouse!Then they were off to take their new "wheels" for a spin!Like I said, already a fun-filled morning! I love seeing their smiling faces! Is it pathetic to admit that I already miss them to pieces!

We haven't left yet for Colorado, but we leave for the airport in an hour or so. I'm hoping to to blog from the mountains, but I'm not sure time will allow for such a thing!

For those of you wondering, I AM going to try and run while we're in Colorado, but I'm afraid of the altitude kicking my butt! We'll see what happens!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes, those mixed emotions of venturing away without the kiddos...it IS so refreshing to have that time away, but missing them is such a reality too, isn't it?

Looks like they are having (and will continue to have) a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa!! :-)

I hope that all went well with your travels today and that you are safely at your destination ready to RELAX!!! :-)

Enjoy...take it easy, and if you DO run, I have confidence that YOU will kick the elevation's butt!! (I know, that really doesn't make sense since elevation doesn't really HAVE a "butt"...). :-)

Anyway...have a great trip!! I look forward to hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

It is NOT pathetic that you miss your big girls already:) It's so sweet!!

Chloe looks SOOOO big in that first photo!!!

Have FUN, be SAFE and we'll be thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

HAVE FUN! Colorado is sooo beautiful! Make sure you take lots of pics. Are you still planning on running the 10k in perham? We are planning on bringing Abby and Ellie for the festivities. Hope to see you there!

p.s. have you ever had shin splints?? I think my body is falling apart:)

Jenny said...

oops that was me. :)

Hilary said...

Have an awesome trip, you guys!!!