Friday, June 6, 2008

a first in forever

We battled the pounding rain, the wind and the tornadoes (Oh, alright. There weren't actual tornadoes, but there was a tornado watch, and I felt a slight exaggeration would add a little drama to my story). We drove through rush hour in this stormy weather, 30 minutes, to do one thing. Something we've done once since having Chloe. Drop all three girls off with a babysitter (aka my wonderful sister and brother-in-law).

My husband and I have not been on a double date, let alone a night out, in months. The combination of Chloe not taking a bottle and my husband's travel schedule on weekends makes it extremely difficult to go out on dates. But with the help of my sister and the flexibility of our good friends, Kyle and Nealy, we finally accomplished Mission Impossible.

We met them for dinner at a the Cheesecake Factory, and for almost two hours, enjoyed food and conversation without the constant distraction of having kids crawl all over our laps. It was strange, but oh-so sweet.

Thanks, Lanzen's, for a great night out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you guys!!! I am so glad you got away, the girls survived, and you could hang with friends, too! Perfection.

Erin said...

Abby NEVER took the bottle! It was nothing but boob for a year! She wouldn't even look at table food. A week after her first birthday she was cut off. Abby was depressed for a week and then she finally started to enjoy "real food"! I know exactly what you are going through! I wasn't able to get away for more than 3-4 hours. Glad you guys had a good time, and were able to relax!

sarah said...

well ... now you got me hungry :)

i'm glad that you guys got out and had fun.

no ... i didn't know that you were a realtor! funny. we could use you :) we're going with the guy affiliated with our builder. blah. at least we had the stager and she was good :)

running here this week .. well it's been pretty non-existant because of getting ready for the house to be listed. but, our 1/2 is a week after yours - so i used that as my reasoning ;) i'm starting strong monday - and just operating a week behind you :)

so ... on one of your posts i read that you are fighting back your friends that are trying to convince you to do a dance workout class. well .. i think you should! come up to shoreview and do it with me. it's a blast!!!!! it's latin and hip hop combo and it is so much fun!

have a good weekend!

4under3 said...

I knew it!!! I'd know that place anywhere. It's my VERY VERY favorite place to eat. Oh, how I miss that place. I'd move back just to eat there every other day, I would.

What kind of Cheesecake did you indulge in?

Anonymous said...

How can we get on that list?! :-)
Date night with the Selness' sounds pretty fun.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Erica! Or better yet, we should do a triple date!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Glad to hear you finally got a night out with your honey. They are special nights aren't they?

nealy said...

Thanks, Amanda. That was fun to spend some time with you and Andy. We had a blast. =)

Have a great weekend!

Kristi said...

Oh yes...double dates (and just dates in general) are SO wonderful!!! :-)

So glad that you guys got a night away to do that!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Made your yummy granola on Sunday and I have maybe one serving left today. We had to do minus the nuts (allergies) but it was fabulous. Can't wait to make some more. :)