Friday, April 18, 2008

welcome!

When you come to our house, you'll be greeted by this...

...standing on our couch in the front window!

About 10 minutes before you arrive, I say to girls, "__________ is going to be here any minute!," and they both dash off to our front window, climb up on the edge of couch and wait for YOU to pull in our driveway. They proceed to jump off the couch, roll onto the floor (usually bonking heads or some other body part in the process) and meet you at the front door. Wow, what a welcome you get! How special you are! My girls really know how to roll out the welcoming mat...

What's the purpose of owning a dog when your own children welcome you home like this?!?

Am I bad mother for letting my kids do this?! Wait. Don't answer that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they BALANCING? Or leaning on the glass. That's impressive, because it looks like they are balancing. I would WAY rather be greeted by THOSE than by dogs any old day:)

You look GREAT in the reflection, too!

Amanda said...

They doing a little both - balancing and leaning. Ella loves to balance on just about anything, so she tries not to put her hands on the window. Britten's not very coordinated yet and will fall (and has, behind the couch, head first) if she tries to balance.

Kim said...

Who needs Welcome Wagon when you have these two????
I would love to come for a visit and have this sort of greeting.

I love that I can see you in the reflection

Mamaskills said...

Familiar site - only it's missing Andy and Chloe like last time :) I know what to get you for your birthday - a lifetime supply of Windex...he..he

Jenny said...

CUTE! I don't feel so bad now... we have kid chairs in our front porch that Isaac stands on all the time... He's fallen off of them too, but I figured, he'll learn how to be coordinated, right?

So, that's the long version of... NO You're NOT a bad mother. :)

Kristi said...

I had to do a double-take there to figure out what was going on (after I read your post, of course, I knew...but, before that, I couldn't tell what was going on!)! :-)

What great "welcomers" you have! I would love to get that kind of welcome when visiting someone!!! :-)

Fun memories...

Angela said...

I've seen those 2 cute little pumpkins waiting at the window just like that, last time I came... but they weren't quite so tall a year ago!!

Lisa said...

I love it! My kids do something similar at the window, except they run and hide when our guests ring the doorbell. I hope that is just a boy thing and my girl will be as adorable as this picture.