Thursday, April 3, 2008

oh, what a beautiful day!

Finally, another day above 50 degrees! The snow is finally melting again, let's hope for good this time, and the beautiful sun was shining in the sky! After being trapped inside for days on end, so it seems, we were ready to experience the warmth! We spent the majority of the afternoon and evening outside, beginning with an 1 1/2 hour walk with my lovely neighbor friend, Jess, and her three boys (ages 4, 2 and 8 months - do those ages sound familiar? Jess and I have a lot in common!), and ending with playtime in our backyard with Daddy.
What's actually funny about this picture, is seconds before it was taken, Britten was screaming and crying, begging for the sucker that Daddy brought her from work. She would NOT cooperate for the camera until I said, "Britten, just give us ONE big smile, and then we can go inside and eat your sucker." Oh, ok. SMILE!
Ella just LOVES swinging and can not get enough underdogs. As I've mentioned before, Ella is happiest when her adrenaline is rushing through her veins. As a side note, Ella DID, in fact, dress herself to play outside. She was dressed for school earlier in the day, but the second she walks in the door, she throws off her jeans and puts on her jammie pants....Hmmm...She's more like me than I realized!
Even Chloe enjoyed her time outside today. She literally spent hours in the carrier outside and never made a peep...In fact, she slept for half of it!
But, like everything else in life, all good things (including beautiful days) must come to an end. With the sun setting and the temperature getting chillier by the minute, it was time......to kick off our very muddy shoes and go back inside. Tomorrow is another day...and I hear it's supposed to be 60 degrees! Picnic on the deck, here we come!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't tell...are those Crocs? I can NOT let my kids see that you are letting yours wear them in the snow. We are wimps down here in the South. I tell them "it is too cold" haha

4under3 said...

I know, right, the seasons are finally turning. Yesterday we were outside for 3.5 hours in the morning. Then after naps we went back outside when daddy got home and ended up having a bonfire. I could have pitched my tent and stayed through the night. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the nice weather too. The picture of Britten is priceless....and the story that goes with it. Those 2 year olds.

Kristi said...

What great pictures of your adorable kiddos!!! :-) Yes, I too couldn't be MORE happy that "spring has sprung" a bit!