Wednesday, March 26, 2008

created for a purpose and brain freeze fix

Ella: "Jesus made my bones..."

Me: "Yes, He did."

Ella: "Jesus made my blood..."

Me: "Yes, He did."

Ella: "Jesus made my heart in my chest..."

Me: "Yes, He did."

Ella: "Jesus made my brain...so I could know how to drink juice."

Me: "OK...Well, Yes, He did"

Along those same lines, but a different story from today:

Me, trying to tell Britten that I need to put her shoes on: "Britten, come here, honey. I need to put your crackers on!"

Britten & Ella, both giggling: "Mommy said crackers!!! She was supposed to say shoes...but she said crackers!" Both still giggling.

Me: "I know, I know. I meant to say shoes but instead I said crackers. Mommy's brain is a little mushy. I think I need a brain replacement."

Fast forward a few hours...

Me, attempting to say something to Ella, but once again, struggling to find the words: "Ella, you need to...you need to...you need to..."

Ella: "Mommy, I'm going to take your brain out if you can't find the right word to say."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that certainly wouldn't help your case! Tell Ella that we busy moms need to keep all of our brain cells IN our heads! And even then we sometimes don't have enough to say the word, er, shoes! Cute.

Kristi said...

Oh how I can totally relate to feelings of a mushy brain! I have said MANY things that make NO sense whatsoever...and my kids find it quite funny as well!!! :-)

Jenny said...

Oh, this is me, this is meeeeee!

4under3 said...

Oh my gosh..that is sooo me. Julia is always correcting me when I talk without thinking. She thinks it's so funny.

Taking your brain out is really funny too.