Monday, July 28, 2008

leatherheads

In celebration of our seven years of marriage, my husband and I went out TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW! That in itself is a miracle, because we haven't been on a date by ourselves since our last year anniversary! Pathetic, I know, and probably not the key to a healthy and successful marriage. No worries, though, as we've vowed to make a point to get out more often before our next anniversary.

We spent Saturday night on our own. We left our girls in good hands and enjoyed a night out eating dinner at a hole-in-the-wall Greek restaurant and going to watch The Dark Knight at the new IMAX Theater in town. What started out as a semi-romantic evening over hummus and gyros ended in an intense two and a half hours of nail biting and knots churning in my stomach. It was a fun night and very reminiscent of how we used to spend our time B.C. (before children).

Last night was sort of a spur of the moment thing, with my husband's mom coming into town last minute and offering to watch our girls. We jumped at the opportunity and planned a night out with our good friends, Eric and Amy. As it turns out, my husband's dad just happened to make a surprise visit on his motorcycle moments before we were supposed to leave. Minutes later, Eric and Amy pulled up in front of our house driving Eric's dad's motorcycle...

Are you seeing where this is going?!?!

We threw on our leathers and took advantage of having TWO really big, really loud and really comfortable motorcycles and had SO much fun cruising around the city. We drove to a local pizza place (another hole-in-the-wall, but I determined these kind of places truly make the most authentic, best tasting food), stuffed ourselves silly, and decided to work off some of the calories by taking a lovely stroll around a lake. Yet again, another FUN night out!

We're feeling really cool right about now:

Dinner at Fat Lorenzo's. Their pizza's the best and they have a really nice waiter that let us store our helmets and leather gear in the office so we could enjoy our walk after dinner.
Our friends, Eric & Amy, taking a little rest from our walk around the lake to display some PDA. They're good at that!
We decided to join in on the PDA action. For those of you who know us, you'd know that my husband towers over me by a good foot. This picture gives the impression that I'm hanging from his back, when in reality I was standing on a bench:

3 comments:

Mamaskills said...

Thanks for hanging out with us - we had sooo much fun. Tell Andy to get that bike fixed so we can go again sometime this summer. Its almost over...better hurry. I'll call when I get back in town and all the pictures are so cute! Sure you don't want to sell me that camera ????

Kristi said...

What a FUN two nights you had together! Yes, making those "date nights" a priority is so important (but, can be hard to do with three little ones - especially a nursing baby!). But, I am so glad that you guys had the chance to celebrate together and spend time with friends too! How wonderful!!

Great pics, you "cool" leatherheads (because really, although you may have FELT "cool" with the motorcycles, I am guessing that it was actually probably pretty WARM in that leather jacket in the heat!)!! :-)

Natalie said...

wow, Kris and I are jealous! Glad you four could have a great time together. Let's do this when we come to MN next time!