Wednesday, July 2, 2008

holiday plans

Though our first thought was to huddle in and stay home over the holidays, we changed our mind last minute and decided to join my sister and her family as they celebrate up north with my parents. Yes, the same parents I've visited like 3 times in the last 2 months, and will be visiting again and again throughout the summer. Traveling up north this often is not the norm for me, and it seems crazy that I've made the trek so many times with gas as ridiculously high as it is, but I've had good reasons for each trip. So we're leaving tomorrow and heading north to hang out with family, spend time at my brother's lake cabin and watch the local fireworks. I'm expecting it to be fun, but that solely depends on how well the girls sleep. It's a hit or miss when we travel. Not sure I'll be blogging while away for the holidays. I know I've been away from my blog a lot lately, and for as much as I wish I had time and energy to blog about my life and daily happenings, I just don't at the moment. So much to do, so little time. A girl's work is never done, is it (It has to be said that once I publish this post, I'm heading to the utility room at 10:50pm to finish folding my 5th load of laundry for the night)?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl's work is TRULY never done.

Sigh.

nealy said...

Have a fun weekend! We'll see you guys soon. =)

Erin said...

As soon as Kalynn and my bro have their baby we will be travelling to the good old cities. I will let you know. Marathon update: Can't seem to get past 6 miles! Is this normal, I feel like I am not gonna be ready for it:( I'm not giving up, just frustrated.

Kami said...

Hi Amanda!
I came across your blog from your facebook page - it is so fun to see what's going on in your life! Your family is absolutely beautiful! :)
I hope you're doing well - hopefully I will see you and yours sometime in the near future! :)

Kami

4under3 said...

You must be enjoying your fabulous vacation...or recouping from it.

Either way, know that you are missed...and WERE missed at the Bash. Ms. MIA.