Sunday, September 7, 2008

three years

Three years ago today, we welcomed our middle daughter, Britten Lou, into our lives.
Weighing just 6 lbs. 13 oz., she was a peanut. The little thing had no fat on her body, including cheeks (and I'm not referring to her face), but the girl had LUNGS and wouldn't stop crying for the first two hours of her life! But apparently that was all she had, because once she stopped crying, she was the happiest baby in the world and rarely, and I mean rarely, did she ever cry again as an infant.

Today we celebrated her birthday by taking her out to dinner to her restaurant of choice. Surprise, surprise, she chose to sit by her Daddy.

Apparently we chose the perfect night to go out to eat because they had conveniently hired a guy to walk around making balloon creatures for kids. The girls were enthralled!

Britten's fish was the same size as her!
Ella chose a monkey hanging on a palm tree. It even had its own coconuts!
Chloe desperately wanted a balloon, but eight sharp teeth and a habit to bite made for a dangerous combination. She settled for her bottle of water.
We ended our night enjoying cake at home that Ella and I made during naps today. Someone forgot to pick up candles, so I improvised a little.
Happy Birthday, Britty Louskie! Your sweet, thoughtful nature and goofy personality brings joy and laughter to our family! You are an amazing little girl and we love you to bits and pieces! You told me the other day, "Mommy, I don't wanna be 3." Believe me, sweetie, if I had it my way, you'd stay 2 forever!

9 comments:

Misty said...

She looks like she had such a happy birthday - daddy's little girl!

Mamaskills said...

She looks just the same now as her baby picture - crazy! By the way, I have her crocks so let me know when we can stop by and drop them off!

sarah said...

happy birthday britten!!

you were born on the best day of the year in my opinion ;)

have fun being 3!!

Anonymous said...

You need to have another one! You both make beyond beautiful babies! Maybe a boy next time?

Kristi said...

Happy THIRD Birthday, Britten!!! :-)

Looks like you had a wonderful day celebrating with your family! You are such a sweet, adorable girl!! Enjoy the "terrific threes"!! I don't want my Caleb to grow out of them!!!

Angela said...

What a doll!! She is just beautiful- and so sweet and cheerful. I can't believe how long her hair is getting! She looks like such a big girl!!

Jenny said...

3 is such a great age! Awesome balloons, where was that?

Lakeville Vertical said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl. Looks like she had a fun day. You are not the only one to forget candles. If you look closely at my son's 4th birthday in March he has three candles on his and one is a pooh candle from his first birthday. I'm such a bad mommy. Oh well. He still had something to blow out-right? :)

4under3 said...

I love the zit story, and that you call her Britty Louski. Happy Birthday Britten!