Saturday, September 6, 2008

mission impossible accomplished

WE DID IT!!!! Finishing the race (still running) in just over 2 hours (2:02 or so, though I won't know exact numbers until they update everything online), it was an awesome run and even better experiece. The weather was perfect and the view was beautiful, with most of the run taking us around a lake. My wonderful friend from childhood, Heather, joined me in the race and we had such a great time running together. It makes such a difference to have a running partner and I hope to never run alone again. Hmmm...maybe my hubby will take up a new hobby in running?
The medals worn around our neck are proof that we successfully finished. Everyone got a medal, so unfortunately that doesn't mean we placed in the top 10, but at least we felt and looked like winners!

Coming around the last bend in the final 1/4 mile stretch, I was greeted by this sweet little face:

Seeing Chloe and my mom standing on the sidelines, cheering me on, was so awesome! It gave me the little burst of adreneline I needed to push myself harder through the finish lines. I'm very happy with my time, though I had no expectations set, but even happier I finished. And I finished feeling great. No blisters or toenails lost to speak of. Sorry, that's gross.

One thing's for sure: I am absolutely and totally addicted to running marathons. I can't wait for my next race!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you avoid blisters? That is my biggest problem when running. Congrats!

Kristi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-) You guys ran great (and in great time too)...what an awesome accomplishment!!

I was praying for you this morning! :-)

Angela said...

Way to go!! That is really quite an accomplishment.

mrs boo radley said...

Congrats, Amanda! You're a rockstar.

Hilary said...

Yay! You did it!

Congratulations, Amanda!

Anonymous said...

You are a winner to me, too!!! Way to go, my friend. That is awesome!! Be so proud of yourself!!!!!!!

sarah said...

way to go!!!
that's great!!
i'm so excited for you!

and i'm glad you addicted. please stay addicted until i can be addicted again with you ;) te he he ;)

Mamaskills said...

Thanks for all the comments! I wish I had your will power and drive....abs...legs...thighs...he..he..

Seriously great job and maybe, just someday I can run about 2 miles with you.

Natalie said...

Congratulations! My 10k is in two and half weeks and I am nervous and excited

Misty said...

I saw your hubby at church this morning. I hadn't read this yet and was very happy to hear that you finished running! Congratulations Amanda! See you Tuesday.

Yvette said...

Great job, Amanda! I'm proud of you and all the hard work you did "running" up to this day.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks again for running with me! I had SO much fun!!!! And it was a great time to chat:) I definitely am up for making that an annual thing! My toe is sad and I think I am going to lose a toe nail...will I ever learn to get shoes broken in??? But it was a blast!!! Way to go marathon mommy:) heather

Kiki said...

Congratulations! Sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! That's great that you had a running mate!
Found out what was wrong with my knee....Chondromalacia patella! "runners knee" It's slowly healing, but I am weary of running... at least for now!

Emily said...

Congratulations. What a great accomplishment. I have been reading your blog a few weeks.

Any tips on recovering your pre-baby body??? You look great. Any ab tips or exercises that work well????