Tuesday, February 10, 2009

san diego

I've been trying to get my bearings since coming home from San Diego on Saturday, hence the reason for not blogging about my trip yet. There's honestly not much to say, except we had a great time. The weather was a bit chilly and it rained quite a bit, so my hopes of basking in the rays were dashed, but we had fun anyway.

With my husband working for a large part of the weekend, we weren't able to venture very far away and do anything "touristy." But he did have some down time and we took advantage of that by doing things we wouldn't normally do with our children around - eating out at nice restaurants and going to a movie were a couple of the highlights of our trip.

We splurged and ate really big meals every night, trying not to feel guilty as we rolled ourselves out of the restaurants when we were done. I was preparing to dig in to my meal...Any guesses on where we were?!
We spent the majority of our time with our good friends, Jason and Amber, and we shared a lot of laughs together over the weekend. Jason and my husband work together, so Amber and I were each other's companion when the guys were busy. Amber was a massage therapist before having her son and she was kind enough to give me a foot massage on our last night in San Diego. I couldn't have asked for a better ending to my trip!
We had a fabulous time but were anxious to see our girls when we got home. All things went rather smoothly for Grandma Patty, despite a few minor bumps in the road, and I came home to a totally weaned, sleeping-through-the-night Chloe. What a great feeling that was!

*** I promised an update on the detox, so I wanted to just say that I am a true believer in the Arbonne Sea Source detox. It did wonders for my skin, it really did. I had my husband feel my cheek the other day and he described it "as soft as a lamb's bottom." I wasn't sure how to feel about that response, but decided it was a man's way of complimenting me on my skin. :)

5 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Fun times! Looks like you enjoyed yourselves. I love that city.

Anonymous said...

How much did the detox regime cost?

Kami said...

I'm so happy for you that you were able to take a retreat away with your husband - it is SO necessary, especially with kiddos at your feet all the time! Looks like you had a wonderful time :)

Oh, and I have to comment on your previous post - Chloe's laundry chute game: completely amazing! Just be thankful they haven't reached the daring stages that Tory and I went through when he sent ME down the laundry chute!! :)

Love you!

sarah said...

very cute pictures of all of you!!!

i'm so glad that you guys had fun ;)

Angela said...

Hey Amanda! Geez- I feel like I haven't seen you forever!! I am so glad you had a fun trip to San Diego... isn't it nice to have a BREAK from the kids?? Cute pictures!