Tuesday, February 10, 2009

one by one

I discovered the most hilarious thing when I opened the bathroom door this morning. Being the wonderfully independent player that Chloe is, she will shut the door to whatever room she is in and continue to entertain and play by herself for a very long time. But because she is only 15 months old, and I tend to always think worse case scenario ere on the side of extreme caution, I check in on her periodically to make sure she's not doing anything that is potentially life threatening.

When I opened the bathroom door, I was expecting to find Chloe either playing in the toilet, unrolling the toilet paper or pulling out all the hair stuff from the drawer. Instead, I found Chloe doing something much more clever and seemingly, much more fun than any one of those things:

Chloe found my box of tampons under the sink, carried them over to the stool, opened our laundry shoot door and proceeded to drop my tampons down the shoot.

I stood there in amazement as I watched my baby drop them down one by one, laughing to myself so as not to disturb her intricate little game.

There's something about this little girl that makes her almost edible and I seriously have to squeeze her every time I see her. I mean that in most loving way, so please don't report me to child protection services.

After Chloe emptied the box, I carried her downstairs so we could both see the results of her hard work. I was so proud of my little girl!

3 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

What a sweet post! She's so independent. Your days must be full of smiles...seriously!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry friend. Squeezing your child is not a child protection issue-i would know...she is so sweet! and of course you are too:)-like my little valentines day spirit there! Heather

sarah said...

ha ha ha :) how funny :) i remember my brother and sister getting into the pantyliners of my moms once. they made some abc's on the wall :) HA! such fun feminine products can be ;)