Monday, February 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not decide to let all three of my children run wild in Target while my husband and I shopped for a new car seat for Ella. Nor did I let them climb all over the Target display cases, where they did not have the time of their lives pretending they were in a cave. Chloe, in particular, did not get such a kick out of this! I would never let my perfectly, well-behaved children act like this while shopping in Target because I care way too much about what people think of me as a parent! Oh, and I did not continually feed them marshmallows and candy hearts while shopping just to keep them happy and preoccupied. I would never do that!
I did not have the same load of laundry sitting in my washing machine all week, and I did not re-wash this load of laundry 5 times because it smelled so bad! I'm so good about staying on top of my laundry that I would never have about 10 dirty loads waiting to be washed.

I do not keep my children in their pajamas most days just to save on laundry. I dress them every morning, do their hair in cute ponies, and have them looking perfectly groomed every day!

I did not let a whole chicken cook in the crockpot this week for so long that it turned almost entirely into mush. And I did not gag at the sight and smell of this while taking it out and salvaging the pieces that were still edible.

While scrubbing my kitchen floor the other day, I did not decide to pull the rug over a spot of food that would take too much time and effort to clean up. I'm not that kind of housekeeper!

Those were a few highlights of things I most certainly did not do this week! I am a perfect mother, wife and housekeeper and I would never stoop to that level!

8 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I hate the smell of laundry when it has sat in the machine. I have to say I have never cooked a chicken to that point. Very funny NMM!!

mrs boo radley said...

Cute pics of the cave dwellers.

Natalie said...

feels good to know I'm not the only one.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I can only concur. It feels so good to know I am not the only mommy doing that at target!

Pam said...

How many times has that scenario played out in MY laundry room?

Let me count the times... NEVERMIND! Just know you are NOT alone.

Great ones.

Have a great week,
Pam

Morris five said...

I do not feel absolutley liberated by reading this one post and I am not totally thrilled to have found your blog through my friend's blog, which is not called Two boys and a Baby Girl.

Rebecca Z. said...

Too funny! I have done all those things, and I'm glad to know I'm not alone and neither are you ;o)

WoRds/WoNDer said...

Ame taught me this great trick of adding white vinegar to laundry that's been sitting in the washer too long...It's cheaper than the soap & gets the smell out...I go through more vinegar than detergent some days :)