Thursday, August 7, 2008

can it be?

Somehow it's already been a week since my last post. How does that happen? And somehow August is almost half over already and you know what that means...Winter is just around the corner. But before winter begins, we're blessed to experience beauty in all its' glory: Fall. But don't blink, because you might miss it.

And somehow, through all the hustle and bustle of our daily grind, the significance of today almost passed me by. I'm so glad I looked at my calendar and realized that today was not only Thursday (I thought it was Wednesday!) but it was the 7th day of the month. This particular date marks yet another month that my blue-eyed Munchkin has blessed us with her presence.

Chloe is 9 months old today. Can it already be? In someway it seems like ions have passed since delivering my baby girl after a mere two hour labor, but on the other hand, it seems like only a few short weeks have passed.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us Chloe. Her sweet little smile, soft and squishy arms and legs, adorable giggle, quick little army crawl, her bright blue-eyes, dark head of hair, and her spunky, yet loving personality, have added so much joy to all of our lives.

So much joy, in fact, I can get over the fact that she still wakes up 2-3 times a night and has had a major bout of constipation since June.

Chloe Jean, your Mommy, Daddy and your big sisters love you SO very much! I can't believe you've been on this earth as long as you were in my tummy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chloe!

And don't short change yourself, Amanda, we all know you were in off and on labor for weeks, which I know was tiring. At least it went fast at the end.

Kristi said...

Oh, Amanda, I can't even bear to think about winter yet!! Yikes! But, I agree...time most definitely IS flying by, isn't it??

Happy NINE month birthday, Chloe! I have loved watching you grow up on your mom's blog here. You sure are a DOLL!!! :-) And, what a cute picture of you and your mom!

mrs boo radley said...

Happy 3/4ths, squishy Chloe! Tell your mum thank you for another cuteness update!

Misty said...

Happy nine month birthday little one! I was teary reading about this precious little girl (and maybe longing a little for another one...).