Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my new little venture

With nursing behind me (I officially went 24 hours without nursing, not going to Chloe in the middle of the night last night, and it went...well...ok. We made it, and that's all that matters!), I am starting a new little venture for myself. I am doing a body DETOX!

I've never done a detox or body cleanse before, particularly because you can't do them while pregnant or nursing, and since I've been doing one or the other for the last 6 years, I haven't had a choice in the matter. But I've been really wanting to do this for a long time, knowing there are definite health benefits to "detoxifying" your body.

With my San Diego trip a week away, I decided not to waste any time. I called my friend, Steph, who sells Arbonne, and ordered my Sea Source 7-day detox. It arrived today in the mail (I heart getting packages!) and I ripped into it immediately. I'm currently choking down enjoying my Day 1 Detox drink as I type this post. I'll compare the taste to a very rancid, old glass of wine.

The detox is very simple: There are 7 cute little blue bottles, each one containing a wonderful concoction that's supposedly going to cleanse my body and skin and leave me feeling like a new woman after one week. Each day, I add one bottle to 32-ounces of water, guzzle it as quick as humanly possible drink it at my leisure throughout the day, drink an extra 32-ounces of water (to equal a total of 64-ounces), eat relatively healthy foods, exercise 30 minutes on a daily basis, and try to cut out caffeine (yikes - what about my coffee?). And voila! I'm a new woman!

I have to admit that I'm a little nervous as to what this might do to my stomach. I'm not referring to the 6-pack I'll have when I'm done (yeah right!!), but to the gut-wrenching cramps and nasty stomach aches I might get because of it. I've been told that this Arbonne cleanse is very mild compared to other detoxes, but I think it really depends on the person. I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has ever done this clease before? And if so, what was your personal experience/opinion? Were you happy with the results?

I'll definitely keep you posted on my 7-day detox because I'm sure you really want to know about it. I'll spare the gruesome details if that will keep you reading my blog! :) Oh, and I'll also let you know if eating almost a half of pan of brownies before starting the detox is a bad idea...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, six years of being pregnant or nursing. There has got to be some kind of prize for doing that (you know, besides the joy of having children). I will be very interested to hear how the detox goes, and I want all the gory details.

Natalie said...

what is it like having your body back? In April I will be a free woman for the first time in six years also...looking forward to the detox posts

Mamaskills said...

I too want all the lovely details....cause then I'll know if I want to try it :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the detox! Never tried one, probably don't want too either...when I do fasts or cleanses I still drink coffee-can't help it...Have fun on your trip! Looking forward to seeing yo at the end of Feb!

Heather

Anonymous said...

What is your goal in the detox? to lose weight? What is the plan? And why are you going to San Diego?

Kami said...

Amanda, I'm thrilled to know that you're doing this because I, too, have considered doing the Arbonne detox, but my stomach can't handle stuff like that very well, and thus have put it off! Definitely keep us updated on how it goes - I'm more than interested in knowing the results! Also, if you want/need a relaxing night, I must suggest to you the bath salts from Arbonne's spa collection. I just bought them from my sister-in-law and they are SO relaxing ... so relaxing, in fact, that I fell asleep in the tub after 15 minutes of soaking!! :) Pure pleasure!