Monday, November 2, 2009

halloween 2009

I have to admit, that as a mom of three girls, I'm very lucky that (aside from Chloe's obsession with dolls and babies), my girls aren't really into anything "girlie"...yet. I've been able to save a lot of money and storage space because my girls could literally care less about Barbies, Hannah Montana and American Girl Dolls...yet. I say "yet," because I'm sure it's bound to change one of these days/years.

It's partially because of this that my girls have never obsessed about what they wear for Halloween, and for the fourth consecutive year, have gladly donned their princess and frog costumes.

See proof below:

Halloween 2009


I didn't get many pictures of Halloween this year, and the ones I did weren't very good quality. I was "single-parenting" it for the night (hubby was out of town), and quite frankly, had my hands very full. We were (and still are) also in the midst of recovering/dealing with the flu, and that didn't really help matters. either. It just so happened that all my girls felt good on Halloween, so we were able to handle a little trick-or-treating.

Halloween 2008

Halloween 2007
Halloween 2006

Halloween 2005*
* though there aren't pictures to prove it, Ella wore the frog costume that year

The amazing thing is that the princess dresses have continued to fit them each year - the bigger size being a 4T and the smaller one an 18 months. Both Britten and Chloe will still be able to wear the princess dresses next year and maybe even the year after (that is, if they haven't caught on to my manipulative ways on trying to save money without having to buy new costumes).

The 2010 Halloween mystery remains....

What will Ella and her baby brother be???!?!?

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh how cute! I love that they are still wearing the same costumes...so easy on the pocket book that way!! ...and really, who else remembers that they are the same, or even cares if they do. They just enjoy seeing the pretty smiles on their sweet faces!!

And did you say 'brother?!'...I'm trying to think if I even knew you were having a boy. I must have, as my mom wouldnt' have been able to keep news like that to herself. We've just been so consumed with everything adoption, that I sometimes forget these details. In any case...Congrats again! I am so excited for you!!

love ya,
~Tanya
http://acornsandcherryblossoms.blogspot.com/

Misty said...

We'll see about that American Girl thing after Saturday! :)

They look adorable every year! Most of London's costume came from Goodwill and cost a total of $6 plus the few dollars that I spent on the wooden dowel and silver spray paint!

Angela said...

Amanda- seriously- I wanna laugh out loud at this. I can't believe how many years in a row they've worn the same costumes... it's hilarious! I think it's great! I am so sorry to hear you were sick at your house :( I hope you are all better now!!