Friday, October 24, 2008

support me please

I know I've mentioned on at least one occasion that I am coordinating the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) ministry at my church this year. This is a new ministry for my church, and though I've personally been involved in MOPS at another church for last 4 years, this is my very first year in leadership. In fact, aside from being on Student Council back in the days, this is my first experience with leading anything.

With it being a new ministry, the gals and I ("the gals" being the fabulous women who serve on leadership with me) are working tirelessly to build a budget for our group. We hosted a garage sale in August, and even with it raining, it was a major success. So now with one fundraiser under our belts, we're on to the next one! So, this is where YOUR support comes in, and I promise it won't require much time, energy or even much money.

This Sunday on October 26th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m, we will be hosting a fundraiser at Cici's Pizza in Eagan. The address is 1292 Town Centre Dr. It's quite simple, actually. All you need to do is show up, eat a lot of food for really cheap (I think their buffet is something like $5.99/person) and drop your receipt into a bucket labeled for our MOPS group. Ci Ci's will then donate 15% of the all the proceeds to our group. And voila! We made a little extra money for a really good cause.

So if you live in that general area and are looking for something FUN to do with the family on Sunday afternoon, PLEASE show up! You don't even have to KNOW me to do this...How cool is that?!

2 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

You're so cute, Amanda. If there weren't miles and mountain chains between us, I'd pay you a visit in Eagan.

:)

Lakeville Vertical said...

I wish I would have known about this sooner. I live in Lakeville and would have loved to stop on in and support your mops group. Do you live near me?