Sunday, October 19, 2008

our new not-so little toy

I am so excited about the new toy my husband brought home today! It was a gift. A very generous gift from very wonderful friends. And did I mention I was excited?

They gave us a brand new piano! Well, it's not brand new exactly. In fact, it's really, really old. It's an antique piano, and a cute little thing at that, and it originally belonged and was played by the mother of my very generous friend. But it's brand new to us and we are so excited to be owners of a piano! We've been wanting one for ages but couldn't afford to buy one, let alone move one. Hiring movers to transport a piano costs an arm and a leg and wasn't in the cards for us.

Good thing for me I'm married to a strong, manly-man. Oh, and it helped my manly-man husband that our very generous friend was once a body builder and he offered to help us move it.
My husband is also resourceful and had the clever idea of pulling the piano on the trailer behind his John Deere tractor to our backyard so they could bring the piano into our walkout basement. It was quite hilarious to watch, but a seamless process, and my piano was ready for playing within minutes of arrival!

I have such high hopes for this piano! Now I just need to get my girls in lessons so they can start serenading me throughout my day!

1 comment:

Misty said...

So exciting! I am already looking forward to original "Ella" compositions!