Saturday, September 12, 2009

growth spurt

The not-so-big news around our household is that we're going to have another baby! I've known for months and have neglected to blog about it until now. So much for the "suspense" factor...

Despite not announcing it on my blog right away, we are still thrilled about the idea of welcoming another baby into our family and are even more thrilled by the fact that we're having a BOY this time around!

I've never been one to take pictures and "document" my pregnancy, because quite frankly, I didn't really like seeing proof that I was getting bigger. I know that sounds vain, and I'd tell any other pregnant woman out there to cherish their beautiful growing belly, because it is just that: beautiful. I adore the baby growing inside of me, but can't say I "adore" anything else happening to my body.

But knowing it's my last pregnancy and perhaps because I've done this three times before, I find myself less stressed out this time around about my body changes and I actually don't even care that the scale continues to creep up every time I step on it. I decided that I do want pictures of my growing bump this time around, because no matter how I feel about it now, it will be fun to look at in the future, and I'm sure my children will get a kick out of seeing how huge I get.

So, without further ado, I want to share my growing bump with you. It just so happens that I took pictures of myself almost exactly 1 month apart without even trying, so why not continue the trend in the months ahead?

8/9/09 - 20 weeks


9/11/09 - 24 weeks


Well, there's a definite growth spurt, which of course is expected, but funny how you don't notice it much while it's happening. I'm a little embarrassed by how messy my bedroom is in the 2nd picture, and how disheveled my little Chloe looks. Not to mention how exhausted I look in the 2nd picture...I am tired these days, and it is definitely impacting the amount of time and energy I exert into cleaning my house and keeping my girls (or myself) put together. I honestly don't care, and I have a feeling that it'll only get worse over the next few months.

O'well. I have an excuse...I'm pregnant!!

8 comments:

Kiki said...

Congratulations! Boys are fun!

You look great!

kcheek said...

kris and I were excited for you when we heard the news! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness- you look ADORABLE!!! I am still SO excited yuo are having a boy! Oh, Amanda- it is just awesome having a boy. I love having sons. I can't believe that me, you and Jen all have baby boys so close in age! How fun for you and your sister!

Holmfamily said...

love the growing bump and am so excited to meet your little man in january!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't clean that room before you took the picture. Hmph....

sarah said...

you are so cute! i'm so excited that you get to experience a little boy too ;)

Kami said...

Amanda you are way too hard on yourself! I have never seen you looking anything but beautiful! You are a busy mom with three beautiful girls - and a precious baby boy on the way! Oh well if the house doesn't get completely cleaned every day. Oh well if the kids aren't bathed each and every single day (who has time to do that anyway?!). Your girls love you dearly, you are a phenomenal mommy and a great wife, a beautiful daughter of God, an amazing daughter to your parents, a wonderful sister and a great friend! I can't wait to see your belly grow a little more - you get cuter and cuter with each new picture :)

I love you lots and pray that this pregnancy proves to be an easy ride for you!

mrs boo radley said...

Wow, I haven't checked in on this blog for awhile--and you have some exciting news!! I am so happy for you. Let's see...your counter says 102 days to go...so does that make his arrival around the new year?

Your girls are growing and as cute as ever!

Will check back more often. Cheers!